Our Lady

Our Lady

Can a Christian ever legitimately support a war?

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm Here!

Indeed, I've arrived. The whole of the U.K. is covered in something white, slippery, and puffy: snow! The British, like my fellow Alabamians, don't do so well with the snow. They even raid the larders here and look for goofy little items like milk and eggs. Please, someone stop the madness. Give me some red meat and wine! Actually, they're really in a tizzy this go round. Many streets are closed, and all the schools are out. Gatwick airport shut down, but we arrived at Heathrow; we even arrived early. It did, however, take 2.5 hours for the bags to reach the terminal...something about ice?

I took a nice stroll around the hotel here in Central London and then went for the best Sole Meuniere I've ever had! I even managed to have risotto with tons of fresh black truffles grated on top!

I also met the nicest couple at the bar, which oddly enough, they're trying to come to Alabama for their son's medical needs (UAB, I suspect). In another oddity, the waiter looked really puzzled when I asked for a steamed lobster for dessert...must be the jet lag.

It's 8:00 am here, so I'm off to tour. I'll take the camera and keep you in the loop.

In the meantime, be blessed...

CDW

1 comment:

  1. Steamed lobster for dessert...only you.

    Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Malacy sent me the link to your blog, and I'm enjoying keeping up with your travels!

    ReplyDelete