Our Lady

Our Lady

Can a Christian ever legitimately support a war?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Truly Sacred Space!


Yes, dear ones Harrods meets all the criterion for being a sacred space. Sadly enough, the banal nature of shopping spaces is a good indicator of sacred qualities in today's capitalist culture. It's not all bad: I had a wonderful lunch in their Food Halls, which is the best part of the whole place. You see, I have an eating disorder - I eat too much! And Harrods meets my needs perfectly. After I had a chicken right off the spit that was marinated in a Greek yogurt and honey sauce paired with winter root vegetables, I walked over and found the best little French macarons -
Très Magnifique!

I lift up to you a good book in the field by John Pahl, Shopping Malls & Other Sacred Spaces. He's a good interpreter of what I call "secular sacred spaces". He was trained by cultural historian Martin Marty.
Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment