Our Lady

Our Lady

Can a Christian ever legitimately support a war?

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Breakfast Today: A Victory for Christianity!


This morning I decided to try a lovely little Boulangerie adjacent to my apartment, Cafe Paul, and I was totally thrilled with the piece of paper that I was given, not to mention the lovely quiche! After I got to class, I unravelled the paper for the first time in preparation for tossing it into the rubbish and I saw the words that now stand out - in plain sight, there it was, "Epiphany." Deo Gratias! So here's the photo.

Look, if it takes a capitalist business to come up with some way to peddle their products and it happens to involve a Principal Feast of the Church year, then more power to them. At this point in history, I'm afraid I have to say "whatever it takes" to get Christendom back to using the sacred calendar I will support!
Of course, in the States we tend to associate this treat exclusively, albeit mistakenly, with the Mardi Gras "King Cake," La galette des Rois.


No comments:

Post a Comment